Free Yourself from Chronic Pain & Sports Injuries
Introducing PRP Treatment for early arthritis and chronic tendinitis.
PRP can be used for Joint Arthritis, Tennis Elbow, Hip, Knee pain/tendinitis, Heel / Ankle pain, Sports injury and degenerative processes with accelerated healing and little to no downtime.
Traditional methods of managing knee pain caused by osteoarthritis (OA) include anti-inflammatories, physical therapy, cortisone injections, and surgery. In the past decade, researchers have examined whether injections of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) can be used to manage OA of the knee.
Growth factors are found in platelets in your blood. PRP operates under the theory that injecting growth factors from the blood into an injured area will cause new tissues to form. That is supposed to reduce inflammation in the tissue. When growth factors interact with local cells, they signal them to initiate cell division and migration. This promotes tissue formation.
What happens during the procedure?
- Platelet-rich plasma is the extract from blood after centrifugation of blood.
- The central platelet-rich layer of plasma that is collected is usually injected. This has been used in dermatology for skin and hair treatments
- The central layer is always difficult to extract hence what we use is a technology called growth factor concentrate on GFC
- In GFC, We use a special medium which when mixed with blood forms two layers and only the top layer is taken
- So 5 cc of blood is taken from the patient and is mixed with the special proprietary reagent and then allowed to stand for 30 min and then spun in a centrifuge for 10 mins.
- From the 5cc of blood, we get 2 cc of supernatant which is the GFC, which is then directly injected into the joint or tendon
Conditions normally treated with GFC
- Early osteoarthritis of the joints
- Tendinitis like Achilles tendinitis, tennis and golfers elbows. IT band pain, trochanteric tendinitis., plantar fasciitis
Apply ice over the area 15 min thrice for 1-day post procedure
May need to take an anti-inflammatory for 1-day post procedure
For Appointment and Consultation Please Call Us At – 983 353 1449